Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mike



Today's my hubby's birthday. 24 years old, but so young at heart. He's not even a quarter century old, if you can believe it. Something feels important about it, i'm not sure what exactly, somehow we're getting a bit older and somehow that means we're turning into real adults, or something like that. Not that the past few years have not put more years on us [than either of us would ever want]. But I always did think he acted much older than he really is... except for the only thing he wanted for his birthday this year is a pair of Heelys. Go figure.

He's become a brother to my siblings, a son to my parents - in fact, my mom trusts him more to drive her Mercedes than her first born child. He's the greatest father anyone could ever ask for -- full of love, almost as if he was born to be a nurturer, but stern when it comes to the "no-no" stuff.

This past year, we've gone through so much with the move, starting a family, going through rough patches -- and to this day we are still trying to figure it all out. It seems as if the closer we move to all of it, something else comes up and i am terrified again.... but my husband, takes it all one day at a time. He's my rock. And despite all my craziness that might send any man into severe panic... he just takes it with stride, and knows exactly what to do, and how to handle it. I'm not sure how he got to be that way, how he has such an even and calm way about him, it's truly amazing. No wonder we're such a great pair, because he's become my protector from my own insanity.

He's my bestfriend, my confidant, my biggest supporter -- the one I could tell anything and trust that he would listen intently without judgement, but would give me his honest opinion if I wanted it. And if I just needed to be tickled, he becomes my personal entertainer -- even if that meant singing a song he didn't know the lyrics to.

He's the yang to my ying. He's my Mike.


Happy Birthday, baby. Here's to another great year. I love you.

5 comments:

Shana-Lynn said...

Anne, you write so beautifully. Happy Birthday MIKE! Oh, to be 24 again.

~ Jolene said...

that was so beautiful. Happy birthday to your hubby. :)

Janice said...

wonderfully written post!! Happy Birthday, Mike! I second Shana on being 24 again...(sigh).

Wendy said...

Awww, Happy Birthday late!! Hope it was a fun day!! Very sweet post!!

Wendy said...

Uh Oh!!! You've been tagged! See my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails