Friday, June 15, 2007

No Sidewalk, No Problem

The asphalt parking lot will work for now! Since we started getting the warm weather, they've been playing with them at daycare so I figured it was about time I join in on the fun. Heck, for 99c a bucket, it sure keeps Ethan busy for a while. It's interesting how he treats the chalk differently from crayons, though. The crayons just usually ends up in his mouth. But with the chalk, I noticed he was very meticulous about taking them out of the bucket one at a time and then putting them back when he was done.






Speaking of chalk, I'll be checking out Julian Beaver in downtown Charleston sometime next week as part of Festivall. Beever is renowned for his drawings using the art technique called trompe l’oeil, or “trick of the eye,” which uses realistic images to create an optical illusion depicting an object or scene as actually existing. The trick is that the illusion only works if viewed from a certain angle. Rumor has it that he'll start drawing on Monday, at a site only a few blocks from my work. So I hope to post some next week!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very interesting to hear that he doesn't put the chalk in his mouth. I've actually had the bucket o' chalk in my buggy at Walmart but I end up putting it back b/c I figured that like the crayons, Sophie would eat it.

Anne said...

i'm thinking he's tasted it before and just doesn't like it, lol

Janice said...

I have a little box of chalk in my house that I am afraid to let the kids get a hold of because I know a certain little girl who would just love to sink her teeth into it - no matter what it tastes like. I love how Ethan knows how to put the chalk away when he's done! So cute!!

Shana-Lynn said...

I have not tried the chalk yet, I just might have to. Ethan looks like he is having so much fun.

Thanks for the idea.

Wendy said...

OMG I can't wait to see the Julian pics. How lucky are you?? My kids love sidewalk chalk, but have now figured out, if they put water on it, it makes a paint. And a mess. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails