Monday, June 25, 2007

Is it Friday yet?

Between the wedding season, busting my balls to get a promotion at work, late nights procrastinating on horrid calculus quizzes, planning Christmas parties and basketball tournaments (who has time to volunteer anyway????), pitching to host a new parenting blog in a local newspaper, keeping up with the house, not to mention a teething toddler... life is busy, although comparably good, yet it's driving me absolutely bonkers.

Thing is, I know that everything's a decision and amidst all the chaos, this guilt-ridden rookie mom still manages to spend time with Ethan. I am very blessed to have a husband who would do the laundry while I do my Math homework and get Ethan ready in the morning so I could have a few extra minutes of sleep.

Still, I am burnt out and in DIRE need of a vacation.

That's why Friday CANNOT come any faster... where we get to hop on a plane to Sunny California and spend a week surrounded by family and friends and where the gas prices are somehow shadowed by the endless possibilities for recreation. I wish I could say that I am able to leave all my worries here, but truth of the matter is, I surmise that I will end up in front of a computer at some point or another tending to obligations I'm supposed to be escaping from in the first place.

There I go again... stressing out about getting stressed out when I'm supposed to be UNstressing on vacation.

Ah well, ces't la vie.

This is how mommy feels....

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip to sunny CA! You all deserve a nice RELAXING trip so quit stressing and have FUN!

And what's this mommy blog of which you speak?

Shana-Lynn said...

I wish I could fast forward the clock to Friday for ya! Have a wonderful trip though, try to relax and not turn on the computer if you don't have to .

Jami said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Try to relax.

Anne said...

kim,

it's for the gazz blogs (wv gazette). they were looking for a writer for one of the food blogs so I "applied" thinking it would be an excuse for me to try out all the restaurants in the area, lol, and i sent them a link to this blog... and the editor contacted me for a meeting to possibly start and write a parenting blog to add to their current lineup. I can be a professional blogger! hahaha... that might actually be interesting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails