Thursday, June 14, 2007

Multi-Tasking

"One-at-a-time" is scarcely in my vocabulary. There's never enough hours during the day anyway, so I'm always trying to do two (even three) things at the same time. Laundry while cooking dinner. Breakfast while driving to work. Catching up on some reading while on the toilet. Fighting with a telemarketer while scraping ravioli off of Ethan's ears. Blogging while (supposedly) doing Calculus homework.

And looks like Ethan's taking after mommy in that department. Can't say I've ever vacuumed on skates before though (while eating twizzlers, at that)....



PS. I felt the urge to edit after a very comment about giving my son a vacuum cleaner for a toy. Ethan's got everything from every sport toy imaginable, trucks, cars, cowboys and space cadets, a 4-wheeler... the vacuum is just one among many. I very much doubt that people now still think that boys are only supposed to play war and sports while girls are to play with dolls and pretend house. Vacuuming would be part of playing house, as would playing with kitchen with the pretend pots and pans and silverware. Not that I'm planning on getting Ethan an easy-bake oven anytime soon, but I see nothing wrong with him learning household chores at a tender age of 17 months! Haha. Of course, he just thinks it's the coolest thing in the world because mommy has one like it... one that lights up and makes noise when you push the button.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

OMG!!! This is the funniest thing ever!!!! He's got some serious balance if he can vacuum WITH roller skates on!!! I'd brake every bone in my body!

Laureen said...

Did you mean that he's doing 3 things at one time (roller skating, vacuuming, and eating twizzlers)?

Shana-Lynn said...

Gosh, this is too funny! I have never seen anything like that before.

My parents just bought Aubree a little vacuum as well and she goes to town just not on skates or with a twizzler.

Janice said...

Anne, I am very impressed!! He must take after you with all your multitasking skills!

I think it would be fun to sweep the floor in roller skates myself...

Susie PSU said...

I'm all about kids playing with vacuums, whether they are boys or girls! If they don't pretend and learn to be good "husbands", how do you think they will do when they get older?
My kids are close in age, but we have no "boy toys" or "girl toys", just TOYS.
So, vacuum away. Does he have an iron and ironing board to do his own shirts? hee hee

Jaidean said...

That is great! I am very suprised he can get around on skates already - I don't think I would trust Teagun in skates! Teagun loves to vacuum too!

Wendy said...

A vaccuum is not a gender toy. Whatever. Who cares as long as he is having fun. I let my kids play with any toy that they are having fun with. I don't take something away and say "no, that's a girl toy" He is adorable, and very cute! Love the multi-tasking. He is a talented one!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails