Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Works for Me Wednesdays: How to Watch TV Shows/Movies Online

Fact #1: I don’t have time to watch tv.
Fact #2: When I do find the time, I would prefer to not have to watch commercials.
Fact #3: DVR is one of the greatest inventions known to mankind.
Fact #4: When you can’t access your DVR, if someone deletes your DVR recording, or if you don’t have the channel to DVR to begin with, you can always go online. Rest assured, someone else in cyberspace has recorded your show and have posted it online for your viewing pleasure.

Online streaming is how I survived 2 seasons of Top Chef and Project Runway without having Bravo on our cable package. I’ve also found myself watching Friends from the very beginning. How great is it that you can watch any show you could ever think of on demand, AND without the annoying pause for commercials.

But it’s not just tv shows anymore either. Gone are the days when you have to wait until weeks after release from theatre for it to go on betamax//VHS/DVD at your local Blockbuster. These days, movies get posted online before they are even released in the US. Granted you have to sort through several to find a good quality copy.. they do exist.. and they can save you the $20 you were going to spend at the movies.

My top picks are Tv Links, Surf the Channel and watch-movies.net.

I’m sure that there are plenty others, maybe even better ones. But these are the sites that I have been using and have consistently given me hours of entertainment without annoying popup ads and worse, viruses.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails