Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu Scare


This poor kid's pic has gone viral since the outbreak...


Over the weekend, the president tried to assure everyone that this new strain of swine flu is a "cause of concern, not alarm". News reports spiral on the first documented death of a toddler in Texas this morning, after having traveled over from Mexico.

It's all over TV. It's all over the radio. It's all over the net. It's all over....

I'm in California for pete's sake. Every other person here probably knows someone who knows someone who have recently been to Mexico.

Case in point:

Just found out this morning that one of the guys that work for us is getting tested as we speak for the swine flu. He went to Mexico over the weekend and came back sick. I'm not sure how long the process is for finding out if you're infected with the virus... but we're all getting somewhat nervous. I'm hoping they shut down the office and desensitize it, but most and foremost, I hope he doesn't get tested positive.

The World Health Organization just raised its alert this morning another level -- two levels short of declaring a full pandemic. News reports also confirm that the virus is being transmitted human-to-human, not pig-to-human. Forgive me for not craving for pork chops, but I think I'll stay away for now until all this is over.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails