Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What is Your Emergency?

A few months ago, Ethan picked up the “You’re not my friend” bit from school and would strategically use it against anyone that does anything he doesn’t like.

Lately, his threats have escalated to “I’ll call the police on you” whenever he doesn’t get his way.

When my brother was 3-years-old, he called 9-1-1, told the operator “my sisters are being mean to me” and hung up. They traced the call to our house and sent patrol over to check on him. My mom finally convinced them that was no harm done, and he just learned how to call the police if something bad happened. They let us off with a warning.

So I guess we’ll hold off on teaching him how to call 9-1-1 for maybe another year.

Last thing we need is Ethan calling the police whenever we put him on time out.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails