Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Hot Pink, Eyebags and a Great Catch


Horrible bags under my eyes....

I have been in a cast for 4 weeks now for my broken finger. The cast, bright in hot pink, goes up to almost my elbow. It’s extremely uncomfortable, gets heavy to lug around and very difficult to sleep with (I've actually hit myself over the head with it a few times, and Mike insists I gave him a black eye). I’ve noticed I’ve been more tired than usual… my doctor just says the body takes a lot of energy to heal. I still have a bottle of vicodin for those intolerable nights.

It’s unfortunate that my job relies heavily on my fingers to work on the computer and my hands for production. It’s been a royal pain in the you know what, but I’ve quickly learned to compensate with my left hand, and even though it’s slowed me down, I’m at least still getting things done.

But can I just say, that I’m the luckiest girl to have the greatest husband in the world?

Ever since I got imprisoned in this cast, he’s been so helpful and understanding. Even though I know he probably cringes when he hears me yell “Babe!” from the other side of the house, he’s been SUPER when it comes to doing things I normally could do myself.

He does laundry, cooks dinner almost every night, even grocery shopping! He wraps up my cast before I get in the shower, buttons up my pants, and doesn’t complain when I wake him up early morning to tie my hair in a ponytail (he’s actually gotten quite good at it).

Babe, if you’re reading this… THANK YOU, and I LOVE YOU.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails