Thursday, April 23, 2009

Apparently, It's Not Friday



I think I’m losing my mind….


I was on my non-merry way to work this morning, listening to the news on SIRIUS. I was barely listening to the commentator finish griping about the whole water boarding controversy when the segment switched over and the next anchor said “Happy Thursday”.

Then I realized I was wearing jeans.

Checked my cell phone, and sure enough, it’s only Thursday. For a second, I attempted to concoct an excuse to tell my boss why I was dressed like it was a Friday, but all of them made me sound stupid. So instead of driving back home to change, I stopped at a nearby Target and bought slacks that were on sale for $10. Surprise, surprise, I couldn’t justify buying a whole outfit. My top and my shoes are passable. No one would ever know.

I HONESTLY thought it was Friday.

How in the world did I lose a day?!?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails