Wednesday, April 22, 2009

House Hunting Sucks

So we’re looking at 2 other houses tonight, nothing we’re terribly excited about, but they fit our general criteria and at this point, we’re keeping our options open.

There was one property that really tickled my fancy. And, of course, as these things go, I fell in love with it. I even sent Mike to scope it out before telling our realtor how much I would REALLY like to consider it. I mean, it’s perfect. It has everything we want, good-size backyard for the little one, in a great neighborhood, ready for move in, comparable commute, it’s beautiful, magazine-esque and did I mention perfect?

So what, you are asking yourselves, is the drawback? Isn’t it perfectly obvious? The price. Their asking price is just above our upper upper limit (and yes that’s two uppers which means it’s high. Excuse the pun). It’s perfectness has, to no surprise, attracted more than a few offers and it’s a jungle out there. And as much as we (meaning I) love it, we have to be really careful not to get in over our heads. So sadly, we’re moving on…

See, that’s another reason why house hunting sucks. All the feeling that get wrapped up in finding a house. The hope, expectation, excitement, despair, desire, anticipation and a million other wonderful and uncomfortable feelings following you even to sleep.

You don’t understand. I have been planning for this for months and months. I’ve bought furniture for spaces I don’t even know if they would fit. I’ve picked out color schemes. I’ve decorated the living room, picked out paint colors, planned for a to-be nursery…

Sigh…

Chugging along....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails