Thursday, March 01, 2007

Runaways

I mentioned in my other post that my hubby's been understanding and sweet the past couple of rough weeks, and I just want to say that I couldn't be happier and more lucky.

Two weekends ago, he had planned a great getaway for us both... booked rooms at a fancy couples only resort, set up to meet my mother-in-law to babysit and even packed my clothes. But the penny-pincher that I am, convinced him to re-schedule the resort for a less-expensive weekend (we'll be going sometime in April) and just "wing it" like we used to always do --- so much for killing the mood, right?

So we drove and drove and drove til we couldn't drive anymore. And we spent hours just talking in the midst of trying to figure out where our final destination was going to be. Truth was, I don't think it mattered. We still spent the whole weekend together, just the two of us... and had a blast. We really ought to run away more often...

It was freezing but love kept us warm :)

Great shot of downtown Cleveland on our night out

2 comments:

Janice said...

WOW, you made downtown Cleveland look so beautiful!!! It's nice that you and your hubby can have some time alone with each other.

Kimberly said...

Ahhh...a romantic get-a-way. How nice. Mike is definitely a good guy for planning such a nice trip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails