Friday, March 16, 2007

Dear Mother Nature,

This "rain first thing in the morning" is really wreaking havoc with my Friday morning. I'm just saying. It's a little hard trying to strap a one-year-old in the backseat while the half of my back that is unfortunately uncovered is getting drenched... and then unstrapping him again only to carry him running in my heeled boots to the door while trying not to trip from the puddles you've ingeniously created. Not to mention, I have to walk 2 blocks from the parking garage to my building with my teeny little umbrella from the dollar store (it was the only one I could find this morning in a rush since you seemed to have forgotten to leave me note last night warning me about the rain).

You may not know this, but my life can get pretty busy during the work week. I have to get out of the house by 730 in the morning to take Ethan to daycare and I work from 830 to 430 in the afternoon. Then, it takes me about an hour and a half to pick Ethan up and fight with traffic to get home. I usually try to start on dinner by 7-8pm, so that only really leaves me a tiny window of opportunity to play with Ethan and I would much rather do that outside because that's what he loves to do. But we haven't been able to do that because....... well, because of you!

I understand that this could be a very busy time of the year for you, but I was wondering if you could refrain from doing that afternoon thunderstorm deluge thing you love to do in the springtime during my little window of opportunity? Not that I mind the rain, that feels kind of nice especially on the weekends when we could sleep in, but the lightning! Could you cut us a little break on that too, if it's not too much to ask?

On the flipside, I can't wait until everything is green and colorful again.

Sincerely,
Anne

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails