Monday, March 05, 2007

Electronic Leash

I did something incredibly stupid over the weekend. I thought it'd be a good idea to clean my car (way overdue anyway). So I was trying to grab a handful of garbage from the backseat -- which was a disgusting mixture of fastfood paperbags, toy wrappers, junk mail, abandoned sippy cups and missing pacifiers -- and then I tossed it all over to the trashcan (that had at least an inch of water from the rainstorm the day before) and didn't realize I had my cellphone in the same hand.

After much sterilizing and "quick fix" with the blowdryer (which I probably just made worse by frying a circuit somewhere), my cellphone gave up on me. So for TWO days, I had to live without it...... two stinking days, and I thought I was going to die.

On Sunday, I had to take Mike to the airport (which is half an hour away from home) only to get home and find out that I had to drive all the way back to pick him up because he had missed his flight and wasn't leaving for another 7 hours. That's 60 miles wasted on my gastank that could've been saved had I had my cellphone. And this morning, I was stuck in traffic for an hour because of several accidents on the highway and I couldn't call work to let them know I'm going to be late because I didn't have my cellphone. Not to mention I don't like to go anywhere with Ethan without it, in case something were to happen and I needed to call for help.

I hadn't realized I was so dependent on it. Sure I was going berserk because of all those things mentioned above.... but really, deep inside, I was mad because I felt robbed without my camera phone. That camera phone can go where my digital camera can't and some of the most adorable photos, I have to say, were taken at the most unopportuned time with that little 1.3MP.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But the world is right again... I got my replacement phone today and I am a satisfied woman. :)

1 comment:

Jami said...

how funny! I need to use my camera phone more often. I always forget about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails