Friday, March 09, 2007

30 Day Photo Challenge

I've accepted a very ambitious challenge to take a photo a day for the next month. I'm a little late since the challenge started at the beginning of March but I'll give it a shot anyway. You're probably thinking, that shouldn't be too hard, you probably take photos everyday. Well... not exactly. Not as much as I want to anyway. I mean I do take a lot of photos of Ethan, but not much of anything else. I used to bring my camera with me to work everyday, but I was afraid I would leave it or it might get damaged so I stopped for a while. Although I ought to start bringing it again, since the weather seems to be getting warmer and I could go and get some shots during my breaks.

But I digress. The rules are simple (in case any of you want to join along):

- Take a picture every day for the month of March (or another month if you want to participate later in the year)

- Tag each image with " 30dayphoto "

- Then post that image to this group so we can all see your work.

- If you like, please also include in your Flickr notes some information about the creation of your image. Let us all learn from your cool pictures.

On that note, this is my photo for today: Day 1

2 comments:

Janice said...

I wish I could join this but my camera sucks! Can I ask you what kind do you recommend for a beginner like me? I thought about getting the Canon Digital Rebel Xt but I wonder if there's any other ones out there similar but cheaper? Thanks, Anne!

Anne said...

Janice, I think you're doing quite well with a point and shoot! ;) With that said, if you're ready to make the plunge into dslr, the Canon Rebel is a good one to start with from what I hear. I'm a Nikon girl.... so I'm partial to recommend the D50. Whichever way you go, I would recommend getting the body and then a better lens than what normally comes with the kit. The lens is where they get you.... we'll always want bigger and better! :)

By the way, have you looked into dpreview.com? That's a great resource when on the market for a camera..... they also have a lot of forums, but they've tended to have become just "crap on everyone else's work" boards, and you just have to weed through to get good advice. But they're out there!

Let me know if you need help with anything else!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails