Thursday, March 01, 2007

I need a pick-me-up

I feel exhausted - physically, emotionally, psychologically. The past three weeks at work have been extra hectic especially having to cover for a co-worker who's on medical leave. The past two days were spent with the rest of my team on a retreat. And while a retreat sounds pleasingly relaxing, I'm afraid it wasn't that kind of a retreat.

This gloomy, unpredictable weather isn't much help either. For about the past week and a half, I have felt like I'm coming down with "something" although I'm not really sure what it is. I get these on-and-off random headaches and my body feels sore on top of having the usual cough and cold -- which only make those days at work especially gruelling. One morning, I would feel completely fine, and then feel like I've been hit by a truck by the afternoon.

Coming home is my only salvation. Ethan never fails to cheer me up and Mike has been really sweet by helping with some chores around the house. And while I wish those were enough, I still can't help feeling so drained.

Today, I dug in my archives and tried to look at some photos I took from last Spring in hopes it would give me some hope. I wish Spring was here... maybe things won't look so gloomy then.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

ahhhh. I needed these pictures too! I am feeling the same way. They are beautiful photos!

Janice said...

Anne, these picures definitely got me in a happier mood!! They are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Shana-Lynn said...

So pretty!

Annie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. These are beautiful pictures! I bet you can't wait until next spring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails