Monday, March 29, 2010

Redlands Classic

This is Mike's second race, and although we didn't come home with a medal, we still had a blast. I imagined much of the same scene as the Tour de Murrieta. A bunch of seasoned riders talking about their techniques and blah blah blah. It was another early race... seems to me all the Category 5 races start very early in the morning.. in our cases at 7:30, which meant having to get up at 5:30 am to get ready.

I didn't really mind the morning cold, but by 9am, the mist and the chill was gone and Mike and Ethan were scrambling to get multiple coats of sunscreen on. I didn't care for the heat either.... lately, it has been giving me headaches that I can most definitely live without, most days it's partnered with dizziness. Mike says I'm probably dehydrated... I can't really argue, I probably am. I say that as I continue to sip on a Pepsi while I'm writing this blog..... how ironic.











Banging the boards for the last lap...


Ethan finally found a cow bell!





Next stop... Dana Point Grand Prix. And next time, not only will I be cheering for Mike, we're also entering Ethan in the Youth race (4-6 category). Time to assemble that brand spanking new 14" Hot wheels bike!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails