Saturday, March 06, 2010

Five on Fridays: Sexy Schoolgirls, Random Music, and The Fuzz

1. My phone is seriously starting to get on my nerves. It started having glitches a month ago... turning off sporadically, it won't ring or let me know I missed a phone call but I'll get an alert of a new voicemail, the buttons on the front never work anymore... and a slew of other annoying little things... like, NOT WORK. I've been eyeing the DROID, which is also what everyone else seems to recommend. Problem is, I'm too cheap to pay the extra $30/month for the data plan... which Mike is already paying for with his phone since he upgraded to the HTC Ozone. Ugh... more bills.


2. We were going through some miscellaneous boxes that were tucked in the obscurely-shaped storage under the stairs and found a whole box of unpacked photo frames and photo albums, and much to my surprise, included an album from my glory days in the Philippines -- WAYYYY before I moved to the US. It has everything in it! My girlscout awards. A ribbon for a spelling be (2nd place only, gah!) Pictures in my freshman year uniform that went down to our ankles! Catholic privates chools in the Philippines are vastly different from what they are around here.


No slutty schoolgirls here! My BFF Claire!


3. So I was surfing the internet the other night and came across this "leaked code" for some free songs on Napster. Remember the good ol' days when Napster was the coolest thing in the world and it was completely legal??? I miss those days. Well, they say there is never such a thing as a free thing..... unless someone messes up and in these days, over the internet, a little boo boo means someone's getting fired because someone is losing money. Apparently, the code for the free songs were only meant to be distributed to supposed group of Dell customers, but hallelujah to rampant deals discussion boards, I was able to score a couple of albums before they were able to yank the promotion.

Can we say random?





4. Can anyone tell me what's bigger than outer space? I really need to know. Even Google can't give me an answer! Every day, Ethan tells me he loves me "big like outer space"...... which gives me the fuzzies every time and he can never say it too many times..... and I always tell him "I love you bigger than outer space", but then he corrects me (every time) that there's nothing bigger than outer space. So you see, I HAVE to figure out what's bigger than outer space.......





On the flipside to that, whenever he's mad at me (or if he just wants to irk me), he'd tell me that he loves me "small like nothing".... (one time he told me he loved me small like a booger, which I guess is better than nothing). And I can't counter that either...... what's smaller than nothing??



5. We got our taxes done this week! Whew! We actually usually get em done a lot sooner than this, but our accountant (ie Mike) was lagging a little bit this year, but that's ok. We still haven't figured out what we'll do with the good chunk of refund we'll be getting - thanks to the first time home owners credit. Mike wants to spend them on solar panels, and I would like to upgrade to stainless steel appliances. Maybe we should just go on a vacation... that way, we'd both be happy! :) Of course, we end up owing the State of California money...... which, by the looks of the whole deficit saga..... they may be collecting from just about everyone anyway.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails