Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mike's First Race - Tour de Murrieta

So not only do I get to play cheerleader for Ethan's T-ball games, Mike is now getting into road racing and he had his first bike race last Saturday at the Tour de Murrieta.

As with every new venture, there are a lot of rules -- categories, differences in equipment, time trials, the list goes on and on -- for me to learn. But all I know is that Ethan and I will always be at the start/finish line to yell "Go Daddy!"

The race was 35 miles long - 10 laps total. Mike finished it in about an hour and a half... behind the main pack, but still proud he survived his first. Out of the 50 riders, it was obvious he was one of the few newbies. You could tell by the nervous postures of the "unattached" individual riders versus those who are part of a more organized, sponsored group.

I'm just glad he finished crash-free!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails