Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day Off Checklist

So my boss tells me I could take the day off after working a few late nights - didn't get home last night (this morning?) til 2:30am. I'm a little at a loss about how to spend my day. Law and Order SVU isn't playing a marathon so I don't suppose I could just plop on the couch and watch re-runs and eat chinese food until I fall asleep.

Nope. Got better plans.


7:00: Slept in........ all 30 minutes worth. I asked Mike to take Ethan to school so I could catch up on some sleep, but just couldn't seem to force myself to sleep past 7am. How sad. I tried to stay in bed for a while until my mom woke me up complaining about a print problem (she apparently thinks I'm her personal IT helpdesk).

7:30: Ran on the treadmill for the duration of a CSI NY episode (ok... so I fast forwarded through the commercials. Once you DVR, you never go back). We bought a treadmill from Craigslist 2 weeks ago and I said my goal is to run twice a week. I ran once on Saturday and limped (stretch much?) Sunday AND Monday. This morning, I made sure to stretch afterwards.

8:30: Did 2 loads of laundry..... considered deferring the folding to Mike, but he has school tonight so I might as well do it.

9:00: Started building the cubbies for the entertainment center. Took me 1.5 hours to build one, and it's not entirely complete (but I'm so excited to brag about building it 95% through minus Mike that I'm prematurely posting it anyway). The middle sections aren't secure, the plans from Knock off Wood recommend "toe nailing" it which I guess is just nailing it at an angle. By then, my bad hand started hurting from all the pre-drilling and countersinking, I called Mike and told him I'll let him finish it :) One down, 3 more cubbies to go.



10:30: Snack on last night's leftover Chianti braised short ribs from Olive Garden (company always gets us dinner whenever we have to work late) and read 2 chapters of Nicholas Sparks - The Rescuer. It's one of his older books that I haven't read yet, I picked up from the Goodwill Bookstore I've recently discovered near my work for .99 (already stacked up on .50 children's books!).

11:15: Check my emails. Visit my usual blogs. Blog.

1:00: I'm meeting Mike for lunch in an hour - when either one of us has the day off, we always meet for lunch - $1 says he'll want to get sushi.

2:00: I'll pick up Ethan after lunch, and we'll go shopping for his baseball outfit for Saturday's big game. He's supposed to get a cap, shirt and pants (included in the $60 registration), but apparently, those recent nasty storms in the east have delayed the uniform orders and they may not be here for Opening Day. Oh well. We'll probably go to the park to break in his new cleats and practice some more of his crab walk and alligator. It's nice to be able to see my son while there's still some daylight out. I can't wait til the summer.....

6:00: Stop by Ross to find something to hang above our sad-looking mantle in the family room. I've been on a bargain hunt for a while, but haven't had much luck. Maybe I should just build something........... ;)

7:10: Catch Planet 51 at the Regency with Ethan - yay for $2 movies!


My thumb's really bothering me now, even by using the space bar. It sucks to think it'll always be in pain now since surgery a year ago. Ugh. Time to soak it....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails