Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Want to be an Austronaut (uhm) -- Buzz Lightyear





After engulfing 2 waffles in the car this morning on the way to school, Ethan proceeded to tell me about their wonderful day at Disneyland yesterday (it was Mike's furlough day). He told me about his brand-spanking new lanyard and his 2 new pins. He told me about the yummy waffle cone, and how he didn't want ice cream at first, but then he tasted the "thingie" and it was so good he took it from daddy.

You could hear the excitement in his voice... and for 20 minutes it was non-stop... walking me through every single ride, every single show they watched. And then.......

.......there were crickets.

I figured he was tired, maybe went back to sleep (he does that occassionally since it takes us 30 minutes to get to his school in traffic).

I took a peek (safely) and he wasn't asleep at all...... in fact, he was in deep thought. His eyebrows were scrunched up and there was a serious look in his eyes.




Me: What are you thinking about sweetheart?

Ethan: [short pause] I'm thinking about how I can become a real Buzz.

Me: A real....... bus?

Ethan: Yes, a real Buzz.

Me: Ohhhhh.. you mean Buzz Lightyear?

Ethan: I want to be a real Buzz Lightyear

Me: Well...... how do you become a real Buzz? Do you have any ideas?

Ethan: [still have a serious look on his face] I have an idea! I can go to college, and then I can be an astronaut, and then I can go on a rocket, and then I can fly to outerspace, and theeeeeeeeeen I can be a Buzz Lightyear.

Taken aback that my 4 year old just confidently told me about his college and career plans, I couldn't help but smile.

Me: That sounds like a great idea!



I suppose it's never too early to plan for college. Can you believe they actually have books on how to prepare toddlers for college?



And since Mike was medically retired (now a disabled veteran), the College Free Waiver Program will waive Ethan's tuition if he attends any California Community College, California State University or University of California campus.


Hmmm.......


or



I hear Cal State Fullerton has a mean NCAA Baseball team. To date, 47 Titan Alums have played in the MLB :)




Unless, of course, he gets a scholarship to Harvard or Yale...... then he doesn't have to stay in California ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails