Friday, March 19, 2010

Five on Fridays: Skanks, Visions of Yellow, and Powers of Pursuasion

1. What ever happened to the sanctity of marriage? I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about these high profile marriages go into shambles because the husbands can't keep it in their pants. Guys who have everything in the world who throw it all away for affairs that satisfy little to absolutely nothing. And those women who knowingly have affairs with married men are, to me, worse than scum of the earth. They deserve nothing but the worst karma and shouldn't be surprised if society sees them as whores because that's what they are. Enough said.

2. I daydream about bathroom renovations. One of the ignored rooms in our house (design-wise) is Ethan's bathroom. The only thing it has is a dying plant inbetween sinks and some Christmas static clings on the mirror -- how sad is that? I thought about carrying over the sports theme to the bathroom, but have since then decided to make it more fun to encourage Ethan to start using his bathroom instead of ours. He goes potty, showers, takes his baths, even brushes his teeth in OUR bathroom. So Mike and I decided it would be fun to design his bathroom with Spongebob... although I don't have the whole thing planned out in my head, I have been getting quite a few inspirations.


Isn't this cute???

3. The windshield gods are conspiring against me. From the day I started driving, I think I have had my windshield replaced (not counting the two times I recked a car since those technically weren't replaced) at least a dozen times. Why do those flying pebbles on the freeway so attracted to my car??? I have, yet again, a cracked windshield and that's going to cost me another $120+ for someone to come to my workplace and fix it during the day. I swear I just had that thing replaced LAST year!

4. I occassionally practice my powers of pursuasion on my husband. Last night, we were at the mall to buy Mike a pair of Oakleys and I convinced him (coyly) to let me swing in the Coach Outlet store....... "just to look around". Well, the reason why I hardly go there is because I always happen to find something I'd like to buy. Last night, for example, was a new wallet that I wanted to replace the 6-year old Coach wallet I already have. "There's nothing wrong with yours", he said, which was partly true, unless being "old" counts as a defect. After 30 minutes of solid arguments like, "I totally deserve a new wallet", he finally caved in and said I could have it. Stood in line for 10 minutes (still arguing even after I got the green light), got to almost the front of the line until I realized I wasn't inlove with it after all. I walked out of the Coach store empty-handed but uberly proud of my powers of pursuasion, that I, in fact, reserve the credit to that $100 I was told I could spend but didn't. Did I mention I love my husband? :)




5. Haven't gotten back on the treadmill since last week so I have some catching up to do this weekend. Why is it so difficult to stick to a work out regiment??? I find solace in that days are a little longer now, so I'm hoping I'll get to squeeze in a few minutes at least twice during the week, but between getting dinner ready and picking up around the house and catching up with Ethan, I almost have to wake up an hour early to get the work out done BEFORE I even go to work. Ugh. Doing it on the weekend is fine with me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails