Friday, August 15, 2008

Senior Froggie was a bust

Ethan LOVES the water. He loves to swim, and he loves to play in the toilet [no matter how many time outs he gets from it]. But he's not a big fan of water shooting at him. I learned that when I tried to switch it up one day and tried to give him a shower instead of a bath. Bad idea. But I figured he might like the idea of running through the sprinkler... who doesn't? So I picked up this little bugger - cute as can be - and got Ethan ready for a soaker.


First, he looked at me like I was crazy. I kept yelling, "Jump over the froggie!" but that didn't seem to be resonating well. So I tucked the camera away and jumped over the sprinkler myself a couple of times, to show him what it was supposed to be for. "See Ethan! It's fun! Wheeeeeeee!"


Still, no interest peaked. He just stood there... watching the frog's head bobble back and forth. It almost looked like he was afraid to get in trouble. I reassured him that I was letting him play in the water, but all the encouragement in the world didn't seem to matter. He was not running through that sprinkler.



I finally resorted to trickery. I told Ethan I was going to turn it off... and then as soon as he got near it, I turned it back on. He was rewarded by his trust on the bobbling froggie by getting slapped in the face with a jet of water.


He looked over at me, pitiful and betrayed, begging me with his eyes for the torture to stop.

Oh well...

I thought it would be fun...

Guess we'll be retiring the froggie until next summer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails