Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I hate diets

But that unwanted extra weight that's been lingering since post-pregnancy has become a royal pain in the gut... sometimes, literally.

I knew I had two choices: One, I could start excercising obsessively (I know it'll work, but I also know it'll be hardest to stick to). Or two, deprive myself of all things good-tasting.

Heck, why not try both.

So a little less than 2 weeks ago, I recruited my sister, otherwise known as Sissy, to go on a pseudo-South Beach diet with me. I say pseudo because we didn't really go "by the book". We chose not to give in to the commercial jauggernaut of overpriced diet meals, but we did cut off all sugar and carbs, including rice (for those who are familiar with the regular Filipino diet, not having rice is inconceivable). Yes, that meant having to give up my smoothies. Ugh.

Not only that, I reunited with my running shoes and I ran close to a mile last week... on an incline! Talk about monumental, breaking my long-standing hiatus of 3 years. I was lucky enough to spare the sidewalk from meeting 'Earl', although I came really close. Good news was, I was hurting the next 2 days -- woke up all sorts of muscles that had been dormant for years. Bad news is, I haven't ran since then. My goal is to run at least twice a week, and Sissy and I are planning on joining a gym. Or at least we plan to anyway.

Maybe this weekend.


Status: -4

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails