Monday, February 22, 2010

T-Ball Mama



I'm SUPER excited that Ethan will be starting T-ball in March. I just got a call from the coach last night that said Ethan will be with the Cubs -- which didn't sit too well with Mike at first.. he started rambling on about the Cubs having some kind of a curse?

But who cares!

I imagine Ethan will probably be one of the youngest ones, since he just turned 4. But he's very good with following instructions, and he has a lot of interest in baseball, so I hope he doesn't end up being the kid that sits on first base and eats grasshoppers (see Raymond clip to understand the reference).

So here's my crash course on the differences between baseball and T-ball:

Baseball - 9 innings (or more); T-ball - 3 innings

Baseball - runs add up as each player crosses the plate; T-ball - no scoring

Baseball - clear winner, clear loser; T-ball - no winners or losers. Everybody gets ice cream


Not sure I like the whole no scoring part. I'll probably be one of those psycho moms who keep score and give the slacking kids a dirty look or 1 less of a goodie snack. Ok. maybe I won't be that bad.

Can't wait to see Mike blow up like Raymond! LOL
Link (if the embedding doesn't work): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeukHLf1V0Q


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails