Friday, February 19, 2010

Five on Fridays: Chickens, Knock off Furniture and Future Vacation Plans

My thoughts are on shambles. I have so much to think about... talk about... write about, but not enough time to do it. Days later I recall a fond memory I meant to blog about but never did, and I wonder how many times that happens.

So in a desperate attempt to organize my thoughts, I'm going to try another ploy to self-motivate chronicling my life. Here's five things I probably would've told you about if I had all the time in the world to tell you about it (in a shortened version, of course)

1. This weekend will be a rest weekend (sort of) after a few days really long and tiring (but fun) last weekend. Mike has a class all day tomorrow (he's back to school getting his Master in Psychology). Ethan and I will probably spend an hour or two yardsaling because we both enjoy searching for "treasure". But the rest of the weekend will probably be chill. If we feel up to it, and if I ever catch up on laundry, maybe we could squeeze in a few hours at the zoo on Sunday.



2. For the first time in a long time, I chickened out of a risky recreational sport. A bunch of us went to Snow Summit last Saturday, and aside from Ethan, I was the only one who didn't snowboard. Last year, I shattered my thumb from snowboarding and it took me more than 6 months to get my dominant hand back. Up to this date, I feel pain whenever I use it for anything strenuous (like swining a plastic bat), and the doc almost reluctantly promised I would suffer from arthritis because of the injury. So this time around, I opted out of sliding down the hill at 40 mph on a piece of fiber board and instead spent the whole day sledding with Ethan. I had more fun with Ethan than I probably would have worrying about not getting hurt again!

3. Mike and I finished our first project together -- Joana's headboard. Somewhere, somehow, I got tired of stalking the furniture section on Craigslist and decided to find a way to build our own, and I ran into knockoffwood.blogspot.com. This blog is AMAZING. Ana posts plans on how to build furniture from Pottery Barn and the likes, without spending an arm and a leg for it. I'll post more on the headboard we just built, but I'm excited to move on to our next project! Hmm.... entertainment center? Our loft is DYING to be organized!

4. My mom and my dad are coming back home from spending a little over a week in the Philippines (my birth country). I have to admit, I have been longing to go back since the last time I visited close to a decade ago. I want to bring Mike and Ethan there so bad so they could see where I grew up, went to school, meet all my ever growing family (that even I have a hard time keeping up with who's having which kid), everything that is innately me that I probably would never be able to explain. Yes, it's a third world country. Yes, I probably wouldn't choose to raise Ethan there -- only because he'll obviously have more opportunities here in the US. But the Philippines is still my home, my birthplace, my history. Hopefully, sometime this year, we'll be able to finally make that trip. Fingers crossed.

5. Mike finally got his lasik surgery on Monday. By the grace of God, so far, so good. No complications... and Mike seems to be very excited about not having to worry about glasses or wearing contacts ever again. His eyes are still eerily bloodshot.... it's normal, I suppose (it's only been a few days), but he was so worried the other night, that he went out of his way to divert away from a DUI checkpoint because he was worried the cops wouldn't believe him if they told him his eyes weren't red because of alcohol. In a few weeks, his eyes should be back to normal. For now, he has to wear protective goggles when he sleeps and I have to get used to sleeping next to Michael Phelps.

That's it for now!

Hope to post some this weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails