Friday, February 26, 2010

Five on Fridays: Party-Pooping Rain, Non-Planets and Lumber Addiction

1. Our huge clean house yard sale scheduled for tomorrow is a NO GO because of the rain. I was looking forward to getting rid of a lot of the stuff just sitting around, to make room for more new stuff! I'm just kidding. We really need to purge, especially Ethan. This whole thing, by the way, was his idea to begin with. He knows that he has $150 of birthday money that he could spend on whatever he wants.... but in order to buy MORE toys, we told him he had to get rid of some. So my brilliant offpsring says:

"Let's have a yard sale so I can sell my toys. Because these toys are for babies, and I'm a big boy. And then, I can get toys for a big boy."

He has actually set aside 2 bins of toys already that he is willing to rid of, including his train table (that he never really used anyway since the Geotrax were always set up on the floor) and his toy kitchen.


2. I've been craving fo sushi all day! Mike wanted to go last night, but we decided to hold off until tonight. There's an AMAZING all-you-can-eat sushi place that we frequent...... and all-you-can-eat is NOT an exaggeration!



3. Work is starting to really pick up, so I'm anticipating some late nights within the next few weeks. Last year was pretty bad....... I think our record was working 30 hours straight! God help me......


4. Did I mention Ethan has been moved to the official big kids preschool class? Their preschool class is split in two, and the second level class is where they put the ones who are more advanced, not necessarily the older kids.

This month, they are learning about outer space. One day, I thought I would proudly recite my planets in order starting with the planet closest to the sun. Remember MVEMJSUNP????

Me: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto. See Ethan? I know my planets too!

Mrs Nacion (my kindergarten teacher) would've been so proud..........

Ethan: Ummmmm... mommy? Pluto is not a planet anymore.

Doh.




5. If the rain lets out even just for a little bit this weekend, I would like to start on our next project -- the entertainment center for the upstairs loft. I've got my lumber lists ready and we're itching to get that upstairs finally organized. Mike thinks I'm going crazy.......... I have so much I want to build, but so little time! I actually have a binder (with dividers, haha) of the plans of different things I want to build. At least something's organized..........

My new addiction: Home Depot! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails