Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Heart my Inlaws!

A lot of people don't get to say that proudly, so I know I've been really blessed. They've welcomed me to their family since day 1 -- in fact, my mother-in-law professes that she "picked me" for Mike the first day they met me which was the day we left for deployment in Bosnia. Today, they treat me as if I were the real daughter they never had, and I can't be any more thankful for that.

I don't know what we would do without them here. We don't exactly live next door to each other, but the long drives make it worthwhile. Most times, we drive up to Cleveland when Mike and I need a break and want to take time to ourselves. My inlaws never complain about being the default babysitter. On the contrary, I think they wish we would need them to babysit more. So last weekend, they came (yet again) to the rescue and babysat while I shot a wedding and Mike went to training. We could've gotten a sitter, but they insisted to come spend time with Ethan which was even better.

While they were here, they took us to the Putnam County Fair which actually turned out a lot funner than I thought. Of course, Ethan was only 6 months old when we took him last year, which far limited us from trully enjoying all aspects of a fair. This year, we made sure we made most of the entrance fee! :)

Ethan finally enjoyed a round of carousel...

He even got to play with the ducks...



He enjoyed freshly squeezed lemonade...


And got to play in the jumper after the rides...

Look Papi, Look Gramma... I can jump!!

Here's Ethan watching the tractor pull with Papi...



Mike and Mom on a ridiculously spinning ride I would never get on...

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow the fair looks really nice and not at all as redneckish as i thought it would be!!! I wanted to take Soph this year but we were out of town....definitely next year!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Hey, we went to the fair too. Kim, it is rednecky but there are a TON of great kiddie rides. I think there were like 6 different rides for little ones. And fair food, mmm.

Love the lemonade!

Janice said...

I have to say I *heart* my inlaws, too! They actually call us to see if they can babysit! How lucky you are that your inlaws drive from Cleveland to see Ethan!

BTW, I love fair food. Just thought you should know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails