Wednesday, April 11, 2007

We're All Okay

Being away from family is tough. We have managed thus far to stay afloat since Mike and I have each other to rely on, but I always feared the day that we couldn't even be there for each other. I don't mean to overstate the obvious but that couldn't have been more true yesterday.

Mike, Ethan and I got food poisoning from some stupid pre-cooked rotiseree chicken we bought from Walmart the other night. Well, we're speculating it's that, since it's the only thing all three of us ate. It was horrible. Ethan was so sick that he just wanted to be held and cried the minute we tried to put him down. And Mike and I were so sick, we took turns throwing up and curling up into a ball until we gathered up enough strenght to take care of poor Ethan.

We're all better now, thanks to the meds. We took today off again per doctor's orders. Ethan's immune system must be building up from all the past illnesses he's had, that he seemed to recover faster than mommy and daddy. He was semi-back to his old bouncing-off-the-wall self by this afternoon... although Mike and I still had to take turns resting between the dizzy spells and Ethan shrieking for attention.

So no photos tonight. I just wanted to let everyone know we're doing ok.
For what it's worth, we're probably not having take-out for a while.

9 comments:

Jami said...

How horrible! How you're all feeling better soon.

Janice said...

Oh no! That's terrible. John got food poisoning about a week and a half ago, and he was out for five days! I hope you guys are getting enough rest and plenty of fluids - I know it's hard to take care of yourself with a toddler around, but hopefully you guys are surviving! Hang in there!

Kimberly said...

OMG!!!! I seriously was beginning to wonder if something was wrong b/c I had been emailing you at work...my goodness I'm glad you guys are ok...I buy those chickens all of the time....never again!

Stephanie said...

Wow! I couldn't imagine, I hope you guys feel better soon!

Shana-Lynn said...

That is horrible. Sorry to hear about your food poisoning. Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Anne said...

Thanks for all the well wishes! Mike and I are back at work today, I still feel a little weak but I don't have a lot of time I could take off. Ethan's back at daycare, I told them to call me immediately if he starts throwing up again -- I'm sure he's distracted otherwise.

Jaidean said...

Oh, wow! I hope you guys are all feeling better soon!!!

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Oh that totally stinks! I eat those things from Walmart and Kroger all the time! Now I'm worried! But definitely glad you all are feeling better.

Wendy said...

That sounds AWFUL!!! Bad Walmart Chicken, bad!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails