Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Wrap-Up

Unfortunately, because of the weather, we didn't get to take Ethan egg-hunting this weekend. This morning though, we joined the ranks of holiday Catholics and attended the Easter service. Of course, Ethan wasn't too keen of staying quiet and listening to the readings -- instead, he wanted to throw things and run up and down the aisle to play with the other rowdy kids. After surviving the hour-long mass, we went home and gave Ethan the Easter Bunny's basket of goodies before venturing off for a nice bruch at the Cracker Barrel.

In it were letter blocks, a monkey book, some matchbox cars, a couple of shirts, bubbles, a few snacks like cheese sticks and twizzlers, and other little stuff. He was amused by the eggs we colored last night... truthfully, I think he just liked throwing them and seeing our reactions every time we heard a SPLAT. He played with those for a little bit, until he realized it was so much more fun to play with the plastic box his blocks came in with. Kids........



And last night, I was introduced to a very non-filipino tradition of painting eggs. YES folks, you heard it right... I have NEVER colored an egg in my entire life until last night. My parenting was attacked by a certain someone (Mike) who argued it doesn't make sense that I would take the time to carve a pumpkin for Ethan but not dye eggs. SO..... we did! and Ethan enjoyed breaking them...



Oh and I can't forget to mention about the shrinking Easter bunny. I swear, it SHRANK. See, this is how big it was last year (LOVE the look on Ethan's face)... compared to this year, where it's obviously gotten smaller!

Easter 2006

Easter 2007

Well, that's it! That was our Easter in an eggshell. Ha! Get it? Eggshell instead of nutshell? Nevermind. We hope that everyone had a Happy Easter! :)


5 comments:

Janice said...

I never dyed eggs until I started teaching. I also never heard of getting presents for Easter until I got married!! I never got any as a child and I still didn't get any this year.

I love Ethan's before and after easter pictures. And what a great family photo!!

Kimberly said...

WOW what a difference a year makes!! You'll have to take a pic of Ethan with the bunny every year. Big bummer about the weather and the egg hunt...boo.

Wendy said...

Yeah! A picture of you! Love all of the photos! What a fun goody basket!! Great job putting it together! We dyed eggs for the first time with the kids. I had done it as a child, but the kids had not done it. It certainly did not go as planned, but they had fun!

Shana-Lynn said...

Happy Easter, belated. Love the pictures. I'm glad to see Aubree and Cameron were not the only ones who enjoyed throwing the eggs and watch them crack. I love to dye eggs. It is so fun.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

LOVE the pictures of Ethan with the Easter bunny--what a great idea!!

And wasn't the egg dying fun? My son is almost two and thought slamming the eggs into the dye was the proper way to do it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails