Friday, April 13, 2007

Plans for a Wild Friday Night

One word, laundry. Exciting stuff.

I can't understand how three people can go through so many clothes. My conspiracy theory is that someone's been sneaking into our house, dumping their dirty clothes in our hamper, and sneaks back in later to pick them up after it's all been washed, fluffed and folded. Yeah, that's got to be it.

Either that, or I need serious help.... maybe magic.... or perhaps a maid? SOMETHING that will turn our dirty clothes from the floor to clean and folded in the drawer, versus the dark reality of "dirty clothes every where - dirty clothes sort of stacked together, clothes in the washer - clean/wet clothes in the washer - stuff wet clothes in the drier - empty drier / clean stuff not folded on the floor or in a hamper to be later on mistaken as dirty clothes so they go through the whole process again".

Sorting is half of the battle. By the time we finish sorting the blacks from the whites from the jeans from the delicates, we're already too poofed to advance to the next level (It gets so bad sometimes, we do what we call the "college-load" and just pile everything in the washer without sorting). OK, we totally get that it really doesn't take but 2 seconds to load them to the washer -- and these giant washers are now equipped with ultra annoying buzzers that alert you they're done spinning your clothes, so you're left with marginal room for excuses for not transfering them to the dryer standing 1 foot away. It's just so darn........ boring!!!!!!

But I can't stand it anymore. I swear one of these days, I'm going to start putting dirty clothes in the trash just so I don't have to deal with it anymore -- hmm... might give me an excuse to shop for a new Spring wardrobe! -- though that might not fly too well with the hubby. But for now, I'm forced to dedicate a Friday night to take control of at least the pile that is taking over our bedroom floor.



But before you feel too bad for me for assigning a Friday night with a cumbersome chore, be it known that Mike and I have other wild plans for this weekend at the Poconos. ;)

4 comments:

Janice said...

Never been to the Poconos. Are you guys going to have one of those champagne glass bath tubs? Have fun!!! You deserve it after all that laundry you'll be doing.

Kimberly said...

OMG I immediately thought of the champagne shaped tubs too!! Rub-a-dub-dub. You guys might come back wiht a sister for Ethan!!!

Jami said...

Have a fun weekend! I thought of the chanpagne tub too! How funny. i don't know if I could actually get in one though, i'd be thinking about what has happened in there before us.

Wendy said...

OKay- I am an even bigger loser, as I have so far spent my ENTIRE weekend doing laundry. With three kids, and two girls who change clothes about 20 times a day- I never catch up. The pro- the throw the clothes in the dirty laundry. The con- they are not really dirty, but by the time they lay there for a while- they stink. Oh joy. Hope you are of having F-U-N!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails