Tuesday, February 06, 2007

This is what zero degrees looks like

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

HOLY CRAP, it's cold.

My car wouldn't even start this morning. I almost wished (or perhaps it was winter ignorance) that my gas tank had frozen and I would have an excuse to stay home and cuddle with Ethan. It would've been nice to stay in bed where it is at least 68 degrees ---- that's 68 degrees higher than downtown Charleston temperature where I instead have to battle the bitter frost weather for two blocks walking from the parking garage to my building!

"Bundle up" is the favorite slogan of the week. Today, I am wearing my long trench winter coat on top of a turtleneck sweater on top of a long sleeve shirt... with gloves and a scarf and knee high winter socks and STILL, I am frozen. I might just break down tonight and head on to Walmart to get the most fashionable hat I could find. Or better yet, I should just grudgingly give up all sense of fashion until Spring and just perpetually wrap myself in Gortex, polypropelene and fleece until the temperature picks back up to 75. You would think this extra layer of lingering fat would help me warm up just a little...... uh, no. Useless piece of fat!

But the worst is yet to come... our friendly meteorologists are predicting tomorrow to be a snow day (only for the kids, darn it) with snowplows wrapping up the job of clearing about 3-5 inches of powder. Sounds pretty, doesn't it? Maybe if I was vacationing in the alps and sipping a nice warm cup of hot chocolate while waiting for the ski lifts to open!! In reality, it means my drive to work will be slick, arduous and LONG... seeing as some idiots can't compensate for the icy roads and insist on going 85 mph with no regard for everyone else.

So if you are reading this from sunny California or rain soaked Florida or any other warm port of call, I hate you with every frozen bone in body right now.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails