Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I've Been Tagged.......

So I've been tagged by Kim to dish out six weird things about myself. Now I don't like to be called weird -- because that's something I call my husband. Instead, I consider myself eccentric and quaint.... colorful, even. But for my blogger viewers' pleasure, I guess I could come up with a thing or two that might be deemed odd by some.

1. I have six years of active military training and my grappling partner in hand-to-hand combat can tell you I can kick ass (or I used to anyway). I am proficiently trained in arsenal weapons from grenade launchers, pistols to machine guns AND I'm a qualified sharpshooter with a rifle...... but I can't kill a stupid spider.

2. I only pick my nose when I'm in the bathroom. I get frantically uncomfortable with just the thought of someone else seeing me stretch my nostrills digging for treasure.

3. I am notorious for picking things up with my feet to prevent having to bend down. Whether it's a lost sock, a penny, or a remote control... I can wrap my long, monkey toes (what can I say, I've been blessed) around almost anything -- except to hang upside down from a tree. Maybe I'll work on that....

4. When I'm using a public restroom and they don't have any sheet protectors, I take massive lengths of toilet paper and layer them up on the seat before sitting down. And yes, I refuse to "squat"... that's even more gross especially since we don't have a hose that we can aim. Trust me, I've peed in holes on the ground before... if there's a seat, you're damn straight I'm sitting on it.

5. For at least 6 months (stemmed from pregnancy through post-partum), I ate the same McDonalds #5 breakfast combo every single day -- Steak, egg and cheese with a large sweet tea. I finally broke the disgusting habit about 2 months ago after I dropped grease on a brand new suede jacket Mike bought for me. Unfortunately, even after a $50 drycleaning bill, the coat couldn't be saved.

6. I absolutely CANNOT watch a horror movie -- especially the ones with ghosts/spirits -- without having to sleep with the lights on that night. Just last night, I couldn't pass up a cuddle moment with hubby, so I reluctantly agreed to watch Grudge 2. I woke up at midnight and I swear I kept hearing that throat-wrenching sound the murdered girl makes in the movie... so I got up and turned the bathroom light on (the hallway light was already on) AND turned the tv on in an effort to mask the white noise.


I could probably go on and on, but I wouldn't want you to think I'm too weird :)

Time to pass on the buck to Joana, Mary, Keryn, and everyone else who wants to join the bandwagon. Tag, you're it!

3 comments:

Janice said...

Anne, I am also a big fan of picking things up with my toes!! I think it's just laziness on my part. As for horror movies, I can't even bear to watch The Grudge 2 because I had horrible nightmares from watching the first one (while pregnant), and it's only PG-13!

Kimberly said...

I love reading these!!! Haha, Steven does the same thing in pubic bathrooms when he has to really go but he calls it "making a nest."

Keryn said...

Oh dear, Oh dear... You wrote my name down!!! You know this going to be a good one...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails