Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Snow Day

So the meteorologists were right. We woke up this morning and there were at least 4 inches of snow. We watched the news for a little bit, trying to catch a glimpse of whether Ethan's daycare was going to be closed like every other school. No such luck.

I did decide to take the day off because I didn't want to risk the drive. The roads were bad enough last night when I got off work that it took us 3 hours to make a 20-mile drive back home. This morning, it took a while for the snowplowers to get to the highways, especially the side roads -- even the garbage trucks decided to take a snow day.

Ethan had never really touched the snow. I mean, up until this week, there really hasn't been much for him to play with. So today, we bundled him up and introduced him to some powder. I thought, why not... the skies had calmed down and it was chilly, but I thought he'd enjoy playing in the snow. Except I don't think the introductions went very well....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He didn't even make an attempt to move... he just a blank, almost confused, look on his face.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My baby looked so cute!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mommy and daddy had to be ghetto and used a nearby trashcan lid for a makeshift sled.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Of course, the snow was too fluffy that he didn't really slide down anywhere far... but even then, he still denied any expression.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We even tried sitting him down to see if that'll encourage him to play with the snow, until he finally gives us some expression -- just not the one we were looking for.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
[In the back porch] we finally get a smile!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

His little pouting expressions is PRICELESS! He looks like such a big boy!

Janice said...

Look at those cheeks! Your son is adorable - I think I'm biased because he sort of resembles my son, Cameron!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails