Monday, February 19, 2007

On the Air Again

Whoever said that radio is only for ugly people who can't make it on tv... lied. Mike and I are cute as a button and we rule on the radio. :) Of course, being on the local show in Charleston was as different as light and day from when we were on the air in Bosnia almost 3 years ago. It's a whole different ballgame when your audience doesn't speak a foreign language, for one. Second, since we weren't ruled by the FCC regs, we pretty much did/said whatever we wanted with zero fear of repercussion. Here, you better be damn sure you don't say anything offensive or you'll have the station's general manager on your ass before the next jingle's over.

With that said, I have to admit I miss being on the air sometimes. So when the local top 40 station advertised that they were looking for folks to come in and help on the Friday morning show, I eagerly entered our names in the draw. Now despite the overdo of mainstream Gwen-Stefani-pop, I actually listen to Coach & Libby every morning on my way to work because frankly... they remind me of how Mike and I used to bicker on the radio. Sure enough, they called about a week after and we were set.

We were supposed to be there bright and early on Friday morning at 7am to start the show. We arranged for an alternate babysitter since the daycare doesn't open until 7, and made sure we padded our time in case we got lost -- LOST being the operative word. We got there 20 minutes late and I ended up being a laughing stock with my lack of ability to follow the directions to the radio station for the remainder of the show. Har Har.

They also thought it would be amusing to have Mike and I play in their minimized version of the Newlywed Game. I got booted out of the studio while C&L asked Mike some questions live on the air. I was tempted to try to listen in so I could get a heads up on the questions, but I thought to myself... Mike and I know each other like the back of our hands --- this will be a piece of cake.

Question #1: On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the best... how would you rate your "love life"?
Mike: 8
Anne: 11 (what a freaken idiot answer was that?)

Question #2: What is Anne's favorite food?
Mike: Chocolate
Anne: Thai food (not even REMOTELY close)

Question #3: How would you describe your first kiss? Excellent, okay, needed work.
Mike: Excellent
Anne: Excellent (I said if Mike valued his life, he would've said excellent, and he did!)

The best part of the show was arguing as to why guys are so clueless when it comes to Valentines day. Mike and Coach argued that women should just make it easier on them and tell them what we want EXACTLY. Libby and I countered that if men paid attention, that they would (or at least should) have an idea of what their woman would like/appreciate for Valentines... and that women ALWAYS expect something for Valentines, even if they say they don't... because that's just how we are.

All in all, the show went great. They joked about giving us weekend jobs, but even if they were serious, I don't think either Mike and I would have time for that kind of extra curricular activity. It's a nice thought though!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Darn it I missed it! Looks like you guys had a fun time! I guarantee you that Steven and I wouldn't have gotten ANY questions right.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails