Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Engagement Shoot: Emily and Dean

I’ve known Emily since I first moved to California when I was 12, and our parents have been friends for even longer than that. We’ve both seen ours shares of boys that came and went, so when she called me a month ago and told me she was getting married, I was ecstatic for her. She asked me if I would shoot her wedding, but since I’ve been overdue for some equipment maintenance and upgrades, I regrettably had to decline. I did tell her I would love to take their engagement photos…

They picked the spot at Balboa Beach by the pier. The intent was to do an early shoot, but they didn’t quite get there until the sun was too harsh so we were forced to shoot entirely under the pier.

Dean, like every other guy I do engagement photos of, was a little timid at first but loosened up after a few lame jokes from behind the lens. Emily glowed like people-in-love glow. :)















We had a lot of fun… Mike came along, so we hung out at the beach for a few hours… chasing dolphins and sharing a Ruby’s strawberry shake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails