Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The War Isn't Over

Just as I was starting to sink in my all-time LOW in the look-good department, something happened today that gave me a small hint of hope...... I was on my break and on the way to get some donuts (just kidding - I was actually getting my afternoon dose of sweet tea) when some random guy driving past whistled AT me and yelled "Damn, girl!!". Normally, I would ignore it and keep walking. But this time, I couldn't help but immediately let out a small smirk. I never thought something so barbarically stupid would make me feel good, but you bet it did!

Granted...... I've done all the things that screams defeat in the war against the flab: packed up all the size 5 jeans and skimpy size small tops to make room for forgiving tunic-length shirts that (seem to) skim over my thicker middle and fuller hips, shopped for the South Beach diet and threw in the white flag after ONE day of starvation, chucked my running shoes in the backside of the closet so I don't feel too guilty everytime I see it.... *sigh*

I'm not naive. Ethan is 15 months old and gone are the days (FAR gone) when I can get away with "I just had a baby". Believe me, I even tried to get an extension by reasoning that it took me 9 months to put it on and so I should get 9 months to take it off plus a few more to recuperate. Truth is, even if I only ate a cracker a day for the next 6 months and ran the length of the Wall of China every night, I know that my body will NEVER be back to the way it was. Not that I had a smokin' Victoria Secret model body to begin with anyway.......... but still. It would be nice to get dressed and NOT have to worry about someone mistaking me for being pregnant.

Hold your horses.......... I'm NOT pregnant.

I just feel like I am.... because of this kangaroo pouch attached to my stretch-mark-designed belly.


And while my self-esteem issues will probably boil for a while until I get my lazy butt in gear (duly noted: these pouches don't dissolve on their own), I have enjoyed that split second of someone other than my husband acknowledging that there's still hope for this hot mama. :)

2 comments:

Janice said...

I am loving all the tunic length tops nowadays. I feel the same way when it comes to battling the bulge. I ended up losing all the baby weight fast after giving birth to Ava (I didn't have time to eat with 2 kids)- which is not a good thing because now I think I've gained it all back within the last couple of months(I'm not kidding). But I guess it's about how we really feel on the inside - I just wish a few pounds of my insides would melt away in time for summer ;-).

Nevertheless, you are one hot mama - don't ever doubt it!

Janice said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails