Monday, April 12, 2010

Dana Point Grand Prix - Part 1: Ethan's First Bike Race

Ethan's Fan Club


You should see Ethan at around 0:13, he's wearing a huge white shirt (the race shirt) and red helmet towards the middle of the road.







If you notice, the kids that were up front were kids that didn't have their training wheels on and I would venture to say were pushing towards 5. I know this is such a mom-thing to say, but I was a little annoyed that there were some parents who chose to stay on the course when they were clearly told it should only be kids. I was towards the finish line but I knew there were some parents that "got in the way" so Ethan (in spite of being in front) couldn't really go full-throttle from the get-go.



[Click photo to enlarge. You HAVE to see the serious look on Ethan's face!]


I couldn't get great shots from where I was standing either. There was a kid who crashed right in front of me just right before Ethan crossed the finished line (kid was ok).










He was disappointed in the end, and no high-fives or hugs from mommy and daddy, not even the medal that he got (everybody got one) cheered him up from the fact that he didn't "win".

Mike: "That was awesome, Ethan! Do you want to race again?"

Ethan: "No"

Me: "Why now? Didn't you have fun?"

Ethan: "I'm not racing anymore...... because I didn't cross the line first"




His first medal!

Of course, we took turns giving him praises for trying his best, and that he just needs more practice like daddy so he could get better and better. He needs a little bit of work when it comes to "losing" gracefully, I think he's just naturally competitive, but I hope with T-ball will help that a little.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails