Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Questions

Nearing two weeks since my last post. No, my life hasn't reached a standstill. Far from it. I've just been having a writer's block. Or is it some kind of a self-reevaluation. The other day, I had 4 folders full of photos I could've easily picked from to blog about, and I just....... didn't....... for some reason. I've been photographing like a maniac, thinking about everything I wanted to say. Then the days would pass, and it was all old news. It stacked up and became overwhelming. I want to write, but I can't.

Then I realized this isn't writer's block. I'm having a mini-crisis. If you took away my family, the T-ball games, Mike's races and all our random family excursions, what is there to write about?

Thinking back, I started this blog almost therapeutically to write about my grievances post-wedding and I just let it evolve into whatever it wanted to evolve to.... mostly my journey with being a wife and a mother. And every once in a while, there's a random post or two about something else.

There is something else.......... right? I have other things to write about..... don't I?

As I try to keep my heart rate back to normal and blame my tearful eyes to allergies, I struggle to avert this stupid identity crisis by looking at what I do have.

I am so blessed. I have an extraordinary husband and smart, a healthy, intelligent boy, loving family and friends, and (minus the occasional late hours and conventional stress) a job that I enjoy doing and that I'm pretty good at. I'm proud to be a Tball mom and a supportive wife to a future PhD.

I just wish sometimes I could be proud of something I did... for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails