Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Lion King Musical



We took Ethan to his first musical, The Lion King, on Saturday in Las Vegas and he loved it.

It was a little on the pricey side, $85 for the seats we got, but got a 30% off military discount, which made it a little less painful. I finally convinced Mike that it could be an early Mother's Day gift. I only wish I could afford the $250 seats dead smack in front, but even where we sat, I thought it was well worth it (except for Mike who thought the Blue Man Group show was better).

Seeing Ethan's reaction to the "real people" singing familiar songs to all of us was a trip. We've seen the movie so many times that we all had the lyrics memorized. At one point, I had to hush Mike from singing "Can you feel the love tonight?" a little too loudly, lol. Ethan took notice of everything on the set: from the bongo drums on the orchestra, to the giraffes on stilts, to people in costumes running up and down the aisles spinning bird props, even to the faint sounds of the jungle in the background during intermission.

The show was about 3 hours long and I love every minute of it. It was even better than what I remember when I first saw it a decade ago at the Pantages theatre. I know Ethan will probably forget about it eventually, but it was an experience I wouldn't have traded for anything! I totally recommend the show 100%! I've seen a few musicals and it is by far my favorite.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails