Saturday, January 20, 2007

In a Heartbeat....

.... my baby grew from this, 7 lbs and 19.5 inches long....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

.... to this, 24 lbs and 30 inches tall.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm not really sure whether to be happy or to be sad. I mean, it's not like I didn't expect him to grow up at all.... I guess I just didn't expect it to happen so fast. They do say "Happy" Birthday and not "Sad" Birthday, so I should perhaps just discard the latter idea altogether. Maybe after all the tears stop...

I AM happy. It's a kind of joy that millions of other people have attempted to write about, but I think have failed to convey... because I think it's a feeling that you have to experience for yourself before you can completely understand. Mostly, I just feel relieved that we've actually survived the first year.

Imagine that --

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY ETHAN

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails