Friday, June 25, 2010

Five on Fridays: Empty Nest Syndrome, A Shiny, New Toy and Annoying Customer Service Reps

1. Today is Day 5 of Ethan being gone. Sure, he's having a blast, but I think Mike and I are going through Ethan withrawals. Mike actually turned on the tv this morning and left the channel on Dora the Explorer, so I had to listen to it while getting ready, and by the time I walked out the door, I was miserably missing my baby and singing an awfully-written-incredibly-annoying-repetitive song about a map.


Fun day at the water park



Zoo day with Grandma and best bud Travis


Gameboards with Poppi

2. Got a semi-surprise visit from Mike's mom (to pick up Ethan to take to Ohio) over the weekend. And it was nice that she was able to join us for one of Mike's races (with the usual gang, of course), and then we all celebrated Father's day with a family dinner at the Yard House. But the best part of the short stay was meeting Jacob for the first time and I'm sure being able to spend time with both Ethan and Jacob made the long flights worthwhile in itself.



Hanging out after watching Toy Story 3


Dinner with family at the Yard House


3. So Mike turns a year older on Sunday (not a young buck anymore!), but he got his birthday present about a week early since we agreed that it's a Father's day/Birthday combo. Yes, it was that much. It weighs as much as my wrist. It's blue. It's shiny. It's got fancy shifts and gears. It's made by the same people who make cameras so it must be good. And supposedly, the fact that it's made of carbon fiber will help Mike go that much faster.

4. Holy crap! Who knew there is actually such a thing as a McGangbang? All this time, I thought my brother and his friends (who all equally love to raid my kitchen) are just trying to get me to order it and look stupid. But this concoction is apparently not only real, it's reserved for select special people who even know about the damn thing.


Now that's a heart attack in a bun...

I'm on semi-diet kick (I'm not about to gain that pant size back from one sitting) so I'm not at all tempted to get one of these, but I dutifully stand corrected.


5. Did I mention I hate the IRS? I have spent more hours on the phone (holding and arguing with customer representatives) the past week than I ever care to again for the rest of my life.


I call the 888 number.

Stay on hold for 30 minutes.

Get assigned to a Customer Service rep who tells me the reason why our tax returns got shot down is because I'm missing a form and that I can fax it to them. But, they can't receive fax.

So who can?

They tell me to call back that same 888 number and maybe the next randomly selected Customer Service rep can receive a fax.

WTF?

Am I supposed to just keep calling the SAME number, and sacrifice lamb to the gods of IRS customer service roulette, and hope and pray that the next person I get happens to be sitting in walking distance from a fax machine???

Can you transfer me to whatever department that has the capability to receive my fax?

Nope.

Can you forward me to a supervisor?

I don't have a supervisor. They are randomly selected.

Huh??????

I seriously hate the IRS.


Now, I know most of these people probably don't receive the training they ought to have, but COME ON. Customer service without the service is bullshit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails