Sunday, June 07, 2009

Winding Down and Looking Forward

After a rough start last week, I'm finally getting back to my regular sleep schedule and while I can't say I'm 100% rested, I did get to relax a little the last few days and got to spend a lot of time with my family.

Getting anxious from hopes of closing escrow this week, I've been overly obsessed with trying to (prematurely) decorate for our soon-to-be new home -- online, in the stores, in my dreams, while watching TV.... I just can't get enough of it!

I used to make fun of my mom for watching all those decorating shows on HGTV, and now I have turned into one of them!!! But after scouting a few furniture stores this weekend and coming up empty, I refuse to be discouraged.

The house is move-in ready... although there are a few things we'd like to get done before finally hauling our stuff in. We plan to tile the kitchen floor, stain the kitchen cabinets and pain the walls for starters. Once upon a time, I dreamt of having plantation shutters installed but I think that might have to wait a little bit.

I'm ok with that....



Anywho, since I'm a little behind on posting photos, I'm going to dig for some taken this weekend -- then I'm off to stalking the furniture section on Craigslist. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails