Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sleepless

What kind of crazy person gets up at 4am (on a Saturday) to look at wall color inspirations and floor samples online?

Oh wait. That's me....


Too excited to work on the house maybe? I have a bad case of decorating fever right now. Can you blame me? I have a BLANK slate, and despite Mike's willingness to give his input in color schemes and accent pillows, eventually he's going to come around and realize that a happy wife = happy life.

:)

Don't get me wrong. I totally welcome his input. It is, after all, OUR home. But we've already butted heads when it comes to decor. For example, he prefers paintings of valleys and french cottages by the river bend, and I like the modern motif. He says he's not hanging up anything that looks like a drunk painted it, and I say I don't want the house looking like a nursing home (no offense to others who like cottages by the river bend too).

So I was searching about 2 weeks ago online for some inspiration on how to tackle the huge loft upstairs -- thought we would try to have a half playroom/half "place-to-chill-and-watch-tv". And I ran into this photo and just fell in love with the wall color.



So crazy me... as of last week (before we even signed the loan documents and closed escrow)... we already had a quart of "test paint" ready. Went first thing yesterday after work to put our test square on the wall, and hopefully, this weekend, we can actually take a crack at the walls downstairs.

I'm waiting on a few more requests for flooring estimates, and hopefully we could get those started within the week. Staining the cabinets, next. Counter tops, MAYBE. Our goal is to solicit as many of my brother's recently graduated friends who will help move furniture for pizza by the holiday weekend. :)

I should really get back to bed......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails