Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Celebrity Sighting, Walking the Walk and Banana Republic Underwear

This happened about a month ago, and although I’m very late posting it (I still have a lot of catching up to do), I couldn’t resist but to brag about my very own brush with fame (which doesn’t happen quite often as I would like living in what some would consider the outskirts of Los Angeles) and a very proud ‘big sister moment’.

Hurley took four rival high schools in the Inland Empire, gave them the unreleased Spring 2009 line and a few weeks to come up with their own signature designs. They were allowed to paint, cut, and alter the clothes and were tasked to put on a 5-minute fashion show at the mall parking lot.

It’s like a Project Runway and High School Musical affair.







Some were cute…

Some not so cute…




2 of the 3 competition did fairly well, but when Jojo’s school came out and performed, hands down, there was no contest.




Ethan sure enjoyed it. I think he was mesmerized by the amount of short skirts that paraded in front of him.

There was one other order of cuteness that had everyone floored, and that was guest judge, Paul Walker… better known for his roles in the Fast and the Furious sequels. Ok, so he’s not exactly Oscar-winning, but he had every teenager in the parking lot weakening in the knees. I kept having NSYNC concert flashbacks with all the girls squealing “We love you Walker!” around me. The guy that’s sitting next to him is supposedly an actor too, but I never did figure out who he was.






Now I didn’t know my brother was going to be in the show. I knew he was involved in the planning and setting up the stage props and all, so we all decided to go for morale support. So it was much to our surprise when he showed up at the end of the performance, all drenched in orange and green (from his roots to his socks), with a gigantic flag and screaming like he was Mel Gibson in Braveheart.




Yes! That’s my bro!

They ended up winning the grand prize for $5,000 which went to their arts and music programs, and of course, bragging rights. They’ve been invited to compete in another fashion competition in Orange County next Spring.


Best part was when they got to take their “victory lap” on the stage and Jojo decided to flash everyone his striped undies.


I turned to my mom, and with twinkle in her eyes she said, “Well at least he’s wearing the Banana Republic boxers I got him!”

Classic.




1 comment:

Collin Budd said...

Hilarious post! Maybe you should buy your boyfriend a belt also. But a good call with the men's underwear. I have the same pair and they are really comfortable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails