Friday, November 11, 2005

Week 29

From Pregnancy Guide Online: The baby's head is in proportion to the rest of the body. Fat continues to accumulate under the skin. The brain can control primitive breathing and body temperature control, and the eyes can move in the sockets. The baby is becoming sensitive to light, sound, taste and smell.



New mommy pains have taken centerstage this week. I have what they call "supine hypotensive syndrome" -- when I lie on my back, my heart rate changes and I get dizzy.. I stand too fast or turn my head too quickly and I get dizzy. Even sitting for long stretches make me dizzy. I've quickly learned though that there's really nothing I can do to prevent it or lessen it.. just one of those things I get to add to the list of the inevitable.

But alas.. misery does love company, and so it doesn't stop there. My first glucose screening came back with elevated levels of blood sugar so I had to go back for a second run... this time, for a much longer screening. So I spent most of my day off on Friday sitting in the hospital getting pricked at every hour.. and I don't find out for another week whether I have gestational diabetes or not. I'm praying the results will come back normal this time, although I wouldn' t be too surprised if it doesn't.. seeing as I have a strong family history of diabetes. Mike has already tried restricting my levels of sugar intake, which in my opinion is just plain cruel telling a pregnant lady she can't have any more sweets for the day. Wouldn't it be ironic that eliminating sugar from my diet would be the one to push me to the edge and be by far the worst I've had to get used to during this pregnancy...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails