Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Life, as I know it, is sort of over

My camera – Nikon D70s - refuses to let me take any more photos, and I don’t know how to fix it. I feel helpless. When I turn it on, it just shows "PC" as if connected to a computer (when it’s not) and I can’t go to any mode to take anything despite trying all the usual suspects: turned it off, turned it back on. Took the battery out, put the battery back in. Changed memory cards. Slammed it across the wall.

Ok, not the last one, although my husband (who is the master of all repairs) firmly believes that’s how you fix things.

I’ve called all four authorized Nikon repair shops in California and none of them have ever heard of the problem. From searching on the internet, I was only able to find one person who posted the same problem in a forum. His camera was still under warranty and was given the runaround by the manufacturers… Eventually, a repair shop quoted to fix it for as much as buying an entirely new camera. After 2 pages of a combination of snarly remarks and genuine advice, the guy ended up swearing Nikon off and vowed to switch over to Canon!

Ugh.

I'm so pissed.

I can't say we didn't have a good run. After over a dozen weddings, a cross country move, and thousands of photos of my life's chronicles, that camera has treated me well in the 3 years I've had it.

Still......

Have I mentioned how disgustingly pissed I am???????

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails