Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sh*t Happens

Ethan has always been independent. Rolled over on his own, started finger foods earlier than all the guide books recommended, wanted to pick his own clothes at 1...

Most recently, his biggest "I do it myself" accomplishment surrounds everything to do with the bathroom. He wants to brush his own teeth, shampoo his own hair, go to the potty without help. Lately, he's been locking himself in the bathroom to do his deed and only lets anybody in after he's done. Several times, I've tried to sneak a peak... and he shrieks "Get out!!!!" until you close the door.

Proud mama that I am, I usually don't mind cleaning up the mess he makes after each of these independent accomplishments. That is until yesterday...


DISCLAIMER: If you have not been desensitized to all gross things associated with toddlers, DON'T KEEP READING. Consider yourself warned.










All I remember was hearing the toilet flush, the door unlock and the cheerful sounds of "I pooped mommy! I pooped mommy! Look mommy, I pooped!"

I was getting ready to dutifully congratulate Ethan on a job well done (like I always do on these post-poop moments) until I realized something so horrific... THERE WAS SHIT EVERYWHERE.

It was on the tiled floor, on the rug, smeared all over the toilet seat, on the surface of the trash can, on his shoes, on his feet, on the counter, in the sink..... And to make the grossest thing I've ever seen even grosser..... I found it on his TOOTHBRUSH. What the hell was he doing with it, I guess I'll never know.

There was toilet paper everywhere, probably where he tried to clean up after himself. The weirdest thing is that his hands were completely clean, so I don't even know how this stuff got everywhere!

This boy has done some gross things... but this tops it all. And if you actually read through this and think it's funny... IT WASN'T FUNNY WHEN I WAS SCRUBBING ETHAN CLEAN!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails