Tuesday, October 07, 2008

September Recap

September was a busy month. Can you tell? I had 2 posts for the entire month! :)

I know, I know... I've been slacking off again. In my defense, it was quite a busy one, so here's a little recap:


We celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary.
Is it just me or does that not sound like a long time? Well... I'm sure being away from him almost half of that time makes it longer than it really should be. But I refuse to make this a ranting post. I did get to spend the week with Mike to celebrate and we drove down towards the beach in spite of numerous warnings of the hurricane... and spent a couple of rainy (and FREE) days in Baltimore, Ocean City, Virginia Beach and Richmond. I'll elaborate on the free part later.

I started a new job.
Immediately after I got back from the trip, I, indeed, re-joined the employed world of deadlines, bosses, and no afternoon naps! The job at the fire department didn't pan out, and I ended up with a company that I initially didn't even apply for (they pursued me). Turned out to be a lucky break. I'm now working as a graphics/web designer for a huge engineering consulting firm. Pay's good. Commute is manageable. Coworkers don't bug. So far so good.

Ethan started at his new daycare.
After spending the summer together, I knew it was time for him to get back into a routine... and be around other kids again. He was starting to forget how to share. So far, he's gotten in trouble for trying to fix one of the girl's hair (the story was that it was "standing up" so he was trying to pull it down to fix it, but apparently pulled too hard to make her cry), and he reported bit another boy yesterday over a toy. *sigh* Boys will be boys.

I turned another year older.
Nothing to celebrate here as I get another year closer to 30. I received a beautiful bouquet of roses at work (Mike always pulls through on my birthday), my boss let me take off work 2 hours early so I could take Ethan to get his flu shot, then I had dinner with family... and that was about it.


So that's it! That was my September in a nutshell. What do you mean I had plenty of time to blog inbetween?!?!

You're probably right....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails