Friday, January 04, 2008

Crazy Coupon Lady

Let me preface this by saying... there are far worse things to be addicted to than saving money. But, I have to admit, I (may or may not) have gone a little coo-coo lately.

Nevermind that I have enough batteries to power up an entire city....

Total cost: less than $5


Or enough soap/body wash to bathe a football team....


Total cost: $0


The most bothersome stack actually lies on top of our kitchen cabinets (no other place to put them)... each chronologically arranged according to expiration date. Ethan is set with 100% juice until August, or I could start watering them down around May, then he should be set for the rest of the year! :)

Total cost: $0



HOW, you ask?

I got the batteries from CVS, using a combination of their store coupons and manufacturer's coupons. For 2 weeks before Christmas, CVS had their Energizer 8-pack batteries on sale for $5.29. Someone in their corporate bigwigs decided to give us an early Christmas present and released a CVS coupon for $5 off, plus some of the battery packs had a $1 manufacturer's coupon (peelie) on them that I used on top of the CVS coupon.

The math: $5.29 batteries + $.99 filler (usually a pack of CVS Jelly Bellies for Mike) - $5.00 off CVS coupon - $1 Energizer coupon = roughly around $.30 out of pocket after tax.

I also got the Johnsons & Johnsons soap from CVS. The buddies soap and travel size body wash are .99 each, and CVS had a coupon for $2 off any J&J product.

The juice boxes, I acquired from various stores - Walmart, Kmart, Kroger - within a span of about a month. Some required "special trips" while the others I just bought during a regular trip to the groceries. I did not spend a penny on them courtesy of a free coupon I got from the Nestle website. I had some bottles too but I found that the juice boxes were easier to pack-and-go. At some point, I'm sure I had at least 50 but I've lost count since then. I even gave some to a local women's shelter and to a sponsored family at the daycare. I'm almost saddened to say the coupon's expired. No more free juice for this crazy coupon lady. :(


Now, I'm not a complete virgin in the couponing world. I even had one of those cheesy coupon organizers at some point -- mostly collected them for formula and diapers -- although I probably shouldn't call it cheesy since I desperately need one now that I'm hooked.


I wonder where I can get a coupon for a coupon organizer?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails