Monday, January 18, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Where do I even begin?

It's raining cats and dogs in Southern California... it's chilly, it's miserable, it's wet. Something we're not quite used to around here. And while the outpour is probably good for saving $ from not having to water the lawn, it hasn't been all that good for my blood pressure.

This Saturday, of course, happens Ethan's 4th birthday party. I totally suck at picking the right weekend, as last Saturday, naturally, was perfect weather for playing pirates outdoors. Next weekend, bite me, is supposed to be 70 and another perfect day. *sigh*

I have been planning this, for the most part, since last November. Up until last week, everything seemed to be in order. I have the majority of the decorations done, invitations are out, RSVPs are in, games are planned for..... That is, until Mother Nature started pounding non-stop rain, and since then I have been nervously checking weather.com if it's going to clear at all by the weekend.

I have a huge pirate ship made out of cardboard sitting in the garage, and I don't even know if we'll be able to use it at all. I suppose we could remove all the furniture in the living room, or perhaps downsize the ship a little. Either way, I have had to hold off on reserving the jumper, and at this point, I don't even know if I should just plan on having the whole party indoors!

Either way, I am thankful for having a healthy, intelligent, energetic little boy (no longer a baby) to plan a party for. I've put a lot of effort into throwing him the greatest pirate party ever, and I know he's going to love it whether we do it in the backyard or in the living room!

1 comment:

Mary Finlay said...

When can we see the ship? Your Garage is so huge you could always set the sceene in the garage.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails